Documents To Bring To Your First Appointment With Us
In order to prepare a consumer bankruptcy case, the client must bring the following documents:
- PICTURE ID and SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
- INCOME VERIFICATION:
- Last 6 months of pay stubs;
- Most recent commission, bonus, or any other payments;
- Proof of spousal support, social security, pension, roommate, or other income sources (such as someone paying your living expenses);
- Documentation showing any other income such as pension, worker’s comp, unemployment, disability, and other income.
- IF SELF-EMPLOYED – Bring 6 separate monthly profit and loss [P&L] statements for the past 6 months and all of the bank statements that correspond to those 6 monthly P&Ls.
- FEDERAL INCOME TAX RETURNS for the previous 2 years.
- IF YOU OWN REAL ESTATE or your name is on title to the property, bring the following:
- An appraisal report, if appraised in the last 90 days, or a broker’s price opinion letter or marketing proposal;
- Insurance – the declarations page showing the insurance policy limits; and
- If you refinanced or sold in last 2 years – the escrow closing statement.
- FOR ALL MOTOR VEHICLES, TRAILERS or WATERCRAFT owned or in your name:
- DMV registration for each vehicle or boat;
- Kelley Blue Book analysis on each vehicle. You may obtain this analysis by going on www.kbb.com;
- Vehicle purchase or lease agreement if purchased in the last 120 days; and
- Insurance policy declarations pages showing the insurance policy limits.
- THE MOST CURRENT STATEMENTS for each bank or credit union account.
- THE MOST CURRENT STATEMENTS for each 401K, IRA or other retirement account.
- DIVORCE – a copy of the property settlement agreement and any order to pay support.
- TRUST DOCUMENTS – bring the trust document if you created the trust or are the trustee or beneficiary of the trust.
- CIVIL LAWSUITS – bring any complaint you filed or that was filed against you as well as copies of any judgments.
- MEDICAL / PRIVATE DEBT INFORMATION – bring any billing statements or a list including the name, address, and amount owed to doctors, loans from friends or family, and debts not listed on your credit report.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.